Portrait of Britain x BJP: the Community issue
As we reconfigure our national identity post-Brexit, the Portrait of Britain x BJP e-magazine explores what it means to be British through portraiture projects from the BJP-Online archive.
In the Community issue, we celebrate the rich tapestry of people that make up British communities, including:
• David Severn’s insight into the social life of Britain’s former coal-mining towns
• Charley Williams’ vibrant portraits of “queer Britain”
• Maryam Wahid’s stand against the lack of representation for the UK’s South Asian population
• Sophie Green’s snapshot of African Christian culture
• Jim Grover’s intimate documentation of the Windrush generation
Portrait of Britain is an award-winning nationwide photography exhibition run by British Journal of Photography in partnership with JCDecaux. Seen by millions across the country, the exhibition celebrates the rich tapestry of people that make up Great Britain by turning their stories into public art.
Deadline: 14 May 2020 – 23:59pm (UK Time)